CCA presents SHEBANG! an all-day party celebrating CCA’s 35th anniversary on June 14th.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
CHOOSE YOUR TASK!
ENJOY THE PARTY!
CELEBRATE WITH US!
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help out.
As the longest running contemporary arts organization in the Southwest, CCA (and Santa Fe) have a lot to celebrate! This all day event provides entertainment, fun, and local food and drinks for the whole family alongside CCA’s award- winning film and art programs. Experience the best of CCA for FREE with birthday cake served throughout the day.
WHAT: CCA’s 35th birthday celebration Free films, site-specific dance performances, local bands, food trucks, local beer, wine and spirits. Art activities for the whole family. The opening of three new exhibitions.
WHERE: Center for Contemporary Arts, Santa Fe, 1050 Old Pecos Trail.
WHEN: June 14, 2014, 11AM – 7PM
SPONSORED BY: Century Bank, The Rothstein Law Firm, The Street Food Institute, TAI Modern
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH: Outside In, CENTER, Currents, The National Guard, St Johns College, Only Green Design, FUZE, Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, El Rancho de las Golondrinas, Folk Art Museum, The Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, Federal Dancers, Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce, Hutton Broadcasting, Axle Contemporary.
FULL SCHEDULE AND LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
- 1:00PM – Alohi & the Freelife
- 2:00PM – Wagogo
- 3:00PM – Floozy
- 4:00PM – Nick Pena of La Junta
- 5:00PM – Pollo Frito
- 6:00PM – Broomdust Caravan
- Newly restored Charlie Chaplin films set to live music, featuring live music accompaniment, in the CCA Cinematheque.
- The Curve: award-winning photography from CENTER in the Muñoz Waxman Main Gallery.
- Air Force: aesthetic experiments in aviation in conjunction with Currents New Media Festival in the spector ripps project space.
- Dear Erin Hart, in the Living Room.
- Radio Room, Outdoors and at 93.7FM.
Art and Activities:
- Axle Mobile Gallery – Axle will be showing an exhibition of prints on paper by Woody Vasulka and Steina. Included are Steina’s Pyrospheres (published by edition handwerk) and a series by Woody (published by Axle Contemporary) in which he repurposes technological material from the Los Alamos National Labs as a base to explore creative obliteration and reconstruction. Also included are prints by the Steina, Woody, and Rob Shaw collaboration: JARMARK, from 2011.
- Only Green Design – Green architecture activities.
- El Rancho de las Golondrinas – Demonstrations and kid’s activities.
- CENTER and Santa Fe Photographic Workshops – Photo booth.
- Parker Jennings – Interactive Radio Room
- Air Force artist, Lee Montgomery – Drone flying demonstration.
- Federal Dancers – Site-specific dance.
- FUZE – Food Tastings.
- National Guard – Kid’s Activities.
- Folk Art Museum – Kids Activities.
- Street Artists from New Mexico and Arizona create a mural on CCA’s campus.
- CCA History Project Video Booth – Tell your CCA stories in our video booth located in the Muñoz Waxman Gallery.
- Upcycle Santa Fe will provide zero waste management for the event.